You can easily rid yourself of that ugly, unwanted body hair in the privacy of your own home with this fast, simple and straightforward procedure while saving hundreds or even thousands of dollars every year in the process.
If you are like many of us today who want to take care of that unwanted body hair, yet find you either do not have the time to keep your salon appointment or, for a variety of reasons, would rather enjoy the seclusion and privacy of treating it in your own home, then you will want to keep reading.
With this treatment, we will show you how to remove hair with a homemade, do-it-yourself cold wax. With this method you will be doing a more effective job of removing the hair by root, rather than merely removing it at the surface of the skin with a razor or cream. You will find with this method, the hair will take noticeably longer to regrow, leaving your skin smoother and more beautiful for an extended period of time. The money saved by repeatedly undertaking the task yourself will add up to hundreds of dollars a year. Not to mention, making it easier to remove the unwanted hair by leaving it thinner and softer with each and every self treatment. (If you’re not up to doing it yourself, check out our Bellezza Spa waxing services today.)
First, you want to gather all the items you will need for the entire process.
- 1 medium size saucepan and lid
- 1 medium size spatula
- 1 measuring cup
- cotton muslin cloth pre-cut into strips approximately ½ inch in width (try to estimate how many you will need for the amount of skin surface you will be treating, always overestimate as any unused strips can be used during your next self treatment session)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of olive or mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin
- 2½ cups of water
Cooking the Wax
You will want to begin by making the wax.
- Start with 2 cups of water in the saucepan.
- Add to your water the 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Now place the pan on the stove with low heat and cook until the ingredients become transparent bringing it to a boil for 60 seconds.
- Now you will remove the heated mixture from the stove, allowing it to cool to room temperature. The ingredients will have a syrup like consistency as it cools.
- Next add ¼ cup of pure lemon juice to the mixture while stirring thoroughly.
- Now add ¼ cup of olive oil and stir until well mixed. Some use mustard oil in place of the olive oil. Either type of oil will work fine.
- Next you will want to add the remaining ½ cup of water, taking care to stir the entire mixture thoroughly until everything is evenly distributed.
- Now place the mixture back on the stove burner with a medium heat this time. Allow it to remain there for about 45-50 minutes or until the ingredients turn brown in color.
- Next turn off the heat and remove the entire pan containing your ingredients from the stove top.
- Now while the mixture is still hot, stir in the 1 tablespoon of glycerin.
- Next cover the pan with a lid to prevent the mixture from drying up and place the entire mix in the refrigerator.
Hair Removal Process
After the wax has chilled in the refrigerator for a while you can begin the process of removing that unwanted hair. Gather your procedural items including the spatula, muslin cotton strips and the pot of wax mixture itself.
- Get a medium size spatula and dip it into the mixture removing about a 2 inch circular portion of wax. The wax will be soft enough to allow easy removal with the spatula.
- Next, using the spatula, thoroughly smear the wax mixture over the portion of your skin you plan to treat, taking care to spread the ingredients in the same direction as the growth of hair you are removing.
- Now take a strip of proper size muslin fabric and place it over the area you are treating. Be sure to press it gently in place against your skin using a few soft strokes of your hand until the fabric sticks thoroughly to the wax mixture on your skin.
- Next, grab hold of one corner at the bottom end of the fabric now stuck to your skin and with one fast, upward motion, pull the cloth completely off your skin. Take care to pull from the bottom upward and outward in the opposite direction of the growth pattern of the hair.
You should now see the wax and unwanted hair stuck to the fabric, leaving your skin smooth, shiny and sexy. Repeat this process over and over until you have covered all areas of your body you wish to treat for unwanted hair.
When waxing certain areas of your body, such as around your knees, neck or near your armpits, it is important to keep the skin stretched straight while applying the wax and placing the muslin cloth. This will deliver a more thorough and even removal of the unwanted hair. Another helpful rule of thumb is to let the hair, in the area you plan to treat, grow for a week or so to give the wax a larger portion of hair to adhere to, bringing a better end result.
No matter what sex you are or what portion of your body you are treating, you will surely find this procedure to be a rewarding one in time and savings, not to mention the eye catching appearance of that smooth, beautiful glowing skin you will now have.
Isn’t this a great way to wax from the comfort of your home? If you’d like a break from this process and would like our trained professionals to give you a wonderful spa waxing or sugaring experience, contact us today and you can be queen for a day.