What is Waxing?: Waxing 101
Waxing makes use of a resin-like substance to remove the hair from the follicle. Basically, a warm wax mixture is spread over the skin in the direction of hair growth, and a paper or cloth strip is placed on top. For hard wax, a strip isn’t required, because it hardens into a quasi-strip. For cold wax, it’s usually already applied to pre-made strips, but a little friction goes a long way in getting the wax to adhere well to the hair. Once wax has cooled enough or has grasped the hair firmly enough, the strip/the wax is pulled off in the opposite direction of hair growth. If done correctly, the entire hair follicle should be removed.
Waxing vs. Shaving
- It lasts longer than shaving, because it pulls the hair directly from the root.
- There’s no cuts or nicks to worry about, meaning no risk of scarring or skin discoloration.
- Shaving can cause rashes on sensitive skin, while waxing won’t.
- For many people, waxing will result in hair growing back slower and finer.
- Waxing will produce smoother results than shaving.
- Shaving, especially in cooler weather, can result in stubble– if you don’t shave often enough, your legs will feel rough and abrasive; waxing is stubble free.
- Waxing will leave your skin feeling smoother longer with no itchiness, thanks to slower hair regrowth.
- Despite what most people think, waxing doesn’t always hurt; in fant, when done properly, is almost pain-free.
- Waxing is quick and convenient– certain products, like our hair removal gel, are no-heat wax and wash away with water, making it as simple as shaving.
- Skin is less susceptible to side effects associated with shaving, like irritation and cuts. There are also products available to minimize occurrences of ingrown hairs, irritation, redness, and bumps, though they are significantly less likely to occur when waxing instead of shaving.
What Body Parts Does Waxing Work Best On?
As it turns out, there’s hardly an inch of the body that can’t be waxed, from eyebrows to ankles. Our establishment does it all, including:
Removal of the hair in the front, back, and in-between. We generally leave a bit of hair if you prefer, otherwise we will remove it all. For best results, fine hair should be at least a quarter-inch long; coarse hair should be at least a half-inch.
Save yourself the hassle of shaving your bikini area constantly by getting a waxing treatment. The results will last up to 4-6 weeks.
For when you don’t need to show off your whole leg, save time and have just half your leg waxed. Plus, no razor burn! The results will last up to 4-6 weeks. Sugaring is also available.
If you’re looking to stop the show and flaunt your whole leg, we offer waxing of the entire leg. The results will last up to 4-6 weeks. Sugaring is also available.
Eradicate those pesky chin hairs! Waxing this area can help prevent frequent hair growth in this area. Sugaring is also available.
Skip the shave and ensure a smooth upper lip with a waxing treatment. Sugaring is also available.
Provided in a Comfortable Environment
Our services are always performed in an environment perfectly prepared to ensure your privacy and comfort. Our certified aestheticians have served thousands and our clients are always met with a pleasant, professional demeanor. Our hand selected team is adept at putting you at ease, and we make sure to begin each visit with a thorough discussion about your individual needs.
We’ll Help You Define Your Line!
On your first visit to receive a waxing treatment, it’s common to be unsure where you want to “draw the line” for a bikini or a Brazilian wax. We can leave some hair, normally a simple design, and afterward, you can decide if you like it. More hair can always be removed later, down to completely bare and smooth all over.
Wax Troublesome Hair Away!
We currently offer two methods for hair removal: traditional waxing, and the newly popular sugaring technique. Sugaring is an ancient middle-eastern practice finding a resurgence in popularity today. It uses an all natural paste or gel made from food-derived ingredients, i.e. sugar, water, and lemon juice, to remove the hair follicle at the root. For first time clients, we recommend a sugaring treatment for a less invasive, intimidating hair removal experience. Waxing will remove hair in the opposite direction of hair growth, while sugaring will remove hair in the same direction as hair growth. With both waxing and sugaring, it’s easy to handle unwanted hair, especially because the process offers price and precision that can’t be beat.
The Benefits of Sugaring and Waxing, Instead of Shaving!
- No extra time spent grooming yourself in the shower
- No razor burn, unsightly bumps, or ingrown hairs
- No nicks or cuts around the ankles or other hard to reach places
- No worrying about being imprecise; waxing is great for areas that require accurate, delicate hair removal– after all, “One hair can change the shape of your eyebrow.”
Self Conscious? No Worries
If you’re worried about feeling exposed, there’s absolutely no need. For one, aestheticians see hundreds of clients a week– they’re not here to judge you. There’s no need to be embarrassed or concerned about what they will think of your nether regions, or your incentive behind getting a Brazilian wax. Your reasons for getting a wax treatment are your own, so any concerns over being judged should be an afterthought. It’s normal to feel shy initially, like when you go in for a pap smear, but it’ll take no time before you get comfortable and realize it’s all fine. Plus, you can find a good waxer and stick with them similar to a hair stylist, and end up developing a friendly rapport. There’s nothing more relaxing than talking like friends while your aesthetician does her job.
Waxing is a great option for most everybody. It’s considerably less crude and unpleasant than shaving, especially for those with sensitive skin, and will save you astronomical amounts of time over shaving. Call today to schedule and appointment and see the magic for yourself– you won’t regret it, and you’ll definitely want to break up with your razor!