Over time and as we have mentioned in previous articles, skin loses its elasticity and collagen. This leaves our skin not as supple and has us resort to creams and other products that facilitate it to become tighter and wrinkle free. Granted, wrinkles are inevitable, but with a proper skin care regimen, it can help create younger looking skin!
Things You Can Do That Prevent Wrinkles:
- Avoid staying in the sunlight for long periods of time. The UV rays penetrate the skin (by giving it a tan) and damages skin’s support structure. Monitoring the amount of times you are exposed to the sun will help hinder the process of aging.
- Not only is smoking bad for your skin, but it’s bad for you! It also speeds up the process of aging and gives your skin a yellowish tint over time.
- Muscle contractions such as facial expressions contribute to fine lines created over time. Expressions such as smiling, frowning, and squinting are the culprits towards wrinkles. Crows feet also occur due to squinting.
- Believe it or not, certain sleeping positions may cause wrinkles as well. Regardless of how soft your sheets or pillows are, there is still pressure applied to the face that can create these lines. Sleeping on the back will help reduce the formation of such wrinkles/lines.
- Lacking nutrition inhibits healthy functionality of the skin. Maintaining a healthy diet supplies the skin and enriches it with proper nutrients.
- Nourishing skin cells with a healthy intake of water daily helps to keep the skin hydrated and plump.