Aside from shaving and waxing, do you really know any other method to remove hair? Sure, you can opt in for the expensive laser hair removal, but in reality, you know you won’t. So, what if I told you there was a sweet deal on removing hair that you probably haven’t considered?
Sugaring is a hair removal technique that was most commonly practiced in Northern Africa, Greece, and even the Middle East. This method is currently on the rise amongst women everywhere. So, let’s get down to the sweet part and discuss what it is and why you should try it!
What is the Paste Made Of?
The paste is made from sugar, lemon, and hot water. Simple and natural.
What is the purpose of sugaring?
Sugaring is done to remove excess hair from the body with little to no pain.
How do you remove the hair with sugar?
When your hair is in the early growth stages of about 12-14 days, the sugar paste, which is lukewarm, will be massaged onto your skin by an aesthetician. The paste is molded against the natural direction of your hair growth and then removed similarly to wax. Not only will your hair be removed during this process, but your skin will be exfoliated.
What is the process?
When you arrive for your appointment, depending on what you are sugaring, you will be told what you can leave on. Yes, the aesthetician can provide sugaring services from your eyebrows to your ankles.
To start, your skin will be cleansed and powdered. The aesthetician will then apply the warm sugar paste to the areas where there is hair growth. Once that paste has been properly massaged into your skin, the aesthetician will pull the paste back with the grain. Ultimately, you will learn quickly that this type of hair removal is popular because it reduces the amount of pain you feel compared to standard waxing, which pulls hair in the opposite direction of hair growth. Our aesthetician will then use a magnified lens to inspect for any stragglers that might have been left behind. Tweezers will be used to remove the stragglers. After the inspection, a cool towel will be applied to your fresh skin, and you can ask for a pore minimizing treatment.
Voila, you now have beautifully, exfoliated skin with no hair!
What are the benefits of sugaring?
Many can attest that sugaring lasts longer than other hair removal procedures, such as shaving. Yet, there are numerous other benefits that make this rising star popular, like:
- It is a natural procedure that is safe and secure.
- The process is 100% sanitary.
- Little to no pain and irritation compared to traditional waxing.
- The paste is warm, so it will not burn your skin, ever.
- The skin is exfoliated during the process.
- Skin stays smoother for longer periods of time.
- Can extract shorter hairs when compared to waxing.
- Over time, you will experience a significant amount of hair reduction.
- Sugaring can improve the skin’s tone and texture.
What parts of the body does sugaring work for?
While sugaring can be done on just about any part of the body, there are definitely areas where the hair removal process is more effective.
- Brazilian: The hair will be removed from the front, back, as well as in-between. All hair can be removed or if you would prefer, ask that a little bit of hair is left. If your hair is coarse, the aesthetician will recommend that your hair be a half-inch; a quarter-inch if it is fine.
- Bikini Line: Reduce the amount of times you have to shave your bikini area when you use the sugaring process. The results typically last for 4-6 weeks.
- Full Leg: The service is done in half leg segments to provide the best comfort and hair removal. This process will eliminate the amount of time you spend shaving and pesky razor burn. The results typically last 4-6 weeks.
- Half Leg: Similar to the full leg, you can opt for just half the leg. Hey, some people do not grow hair above the knee, so why bother?
- Chin: Face it, we all have them, those pesky little chin hairs that pop up. Stop tweezing every week and ask for the sugaring service to remove the hairs.
- Lip: Remove the hair from your upper lip and exfoliate the skin in the process. The results are better than waxing, which pulls hair in the OPPOSITE direction of natural growth. Ouch! Sugaring removes hair in the same direction of growth and will cut down on pain and irritation. At Bellezza Spa, we recommend sugaring for first-time clients because it is less invasive.
Bellezza Spa prides itself on creating a safe, comfortable, and professional environment. Schedule an appointment today and ask for our Sugaring Treatment. Enjoy shaving less and smoother skin today!