Let’s first start from the outside and work our way in… Skin has several factors that causes it to lose its firmness and plumpness over time.
Factors we cannot help that cause detriment to skin’s glow are environmental such as sun exposure and changes in temperature/weather. Then there are some things we CAN help such as smoking and overusing skincare products.
A Quick List That Affects Our Skin Quality
- Sun exposure causes the skin to appear leathery and blotchy overtime (sun spots). This is more prevalent for those who have a fair complexion.
- Cigarettes age you prematurely so you are already kicking the aging process into overdrive when you smoke! Not to mention those who engage in the habit develop a yellowish tint to their skin.
- Drastic temperature changes such as being exposed to low humidity in the winter from overheating or air-conditioning in the summer leaves your skin feeling itchy and dry.
- We all know this one.. Stress! Need we say more?
- On top of all the pollutants your skin is exposed to, the constant products we apply on a daily basis such as different soaps, antiperspirants, make up, and perfumes can leave the skin looking dull.
We have mentioned physical remedies on how to achieve a nice glow for our skin on the outside in our previous blogs, Wash, Rinse, Repeat and Reasons for Adult Acne, so now we will let you in on the secret for how to achieve that glow on the inside.
Knowing you look radiant on the outside definitely helps to exude confidence, but we must also FEEL that way from within. That’s why it’s important to treat yourself right health-wise so you can feel and look your best!
Everything previously discussed in our blog entries from eating right, exercising, and to even cleansing our minds through positive thought, will make an impact regarding our self esteem.