It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the various options of facials out there, luckily we have helped to explain how to choose the best one for you! Also included in today’s blog are steps on how to prepare for your facial.
Steps Before Your Facial
2) Research the facial that will work for you based on your skin type. Don’t know which skin type you are? Read our blog on Skin Types to see which description matches yours best.
3) Depending on the type of treatment you are seeking for a particular condition, i.e. acne scrub or cleanse, learn what each facial on the service list is specifically catered to.
- For instance, if you have dry skin, microdermabrasion is a more aggressive treatment to buff away dead skin cells. Bellezza’s Brightening Facial will brighten your complexion if you have experienced sun damage or discoloration of the skin.
- For acne, facials that consist of glycolic acid or peels are recommended.
- For a facial that is more intended for relaxation, go for a basic type such as the Bellezza Signature Facial. This facial uses only natural botanical extracts which in turn will detoxify, lift, and nourish the skin. In addition, we pamper you from head to toe by starting with a scalp massage and work our way down to your feet.
4) Don’t be afraid to talk with your aesthetician! That is what they are there for and specialize in. Let them know your skincare regimen so they may decide which products are best for your face. They may even recommend new skincare products to add to your routine. They must be aware of these things so they won’t injure your skin in any way following the facial treatment.
5) Your face may look a little red afterwards, but it will most definitely feel a whole lot better! Due to extractions, exfoliations, and any scrubbing, redness is expected to occur, but will only last temporarily. A bit of a breakout is normal as well if you are prone to acne, but should vanish over time.
6) Lastly, be sure to receive a facial 7-10 days before any major event. Your skin will also be sensitive after your facial so avoid any abrasive facial cleansers or scrubs within 3-4 days after receiving it. Also be sure to get to the spa early so you have time to fill out any paperwork if you are a first time client or to just give yourself time to relax. You should never feel rushed when it comes to relaxation!