No matter what season it is, we always get asked what the difference between a bikini wax and a Brazilian wax is. Today, we will discuss the difference between the two types of waxing and hopefully help you decide what option is best for you!
Before we get started, let’s review what waxing is…
Waxing uses a resin-like substance to remove hair from the follicle. The mixture is heated and then spread over the skin in the direction of hair growth. After applied, a paper or cloth strip is placed on top. Once cooled, an aesthetician will pull the strip off, which will include the wax and hair.
A bikini wax actually comes in two forms—classic and extended.
- Classic: A classic bikini wax will simply cover about 1-2 inches on the side and an inch on the top. This is the area where hair may peak through your bikini or underwear. Simple, yet, effective.
- Extended: An extended bikini wax is based off of the client’s preference. One may request just a little extra off the sides or a landing strip, but hair is left on the inner lips of the vagina.
Things become more simple with a Brazilian wax because it simply means that all hair is removed from the inner lips of the vagina as well as the back end—aka in-between your butt cheeks. Some women will prefer to leave some hair in the form of a triangle, landing strip or fun shape. And of course, some women want it all gone. Whatever the preference may be, we are here to help you achieve the look you want.
Common 1st timer questions:
- Does it hurt? For the first timer, yes, it will most definitely hurt a little. Best to avoid waxing bikini or Brazilian before or during your period, as you may be more sensitive to pain caused by waxing. As for the buttocks area, well, most say that it isn’t that bad. Pain is relative to each person, so you can experience no pain or a lot of pain. Either way, remember that the more you wax, the less pain it causes.
- Does a Brazilian make sex better? I would say that this is based on each individual, but there is quite a lot of positive feedback. Quite a few clients report their spouse having a new look of lust in their eyes upon seeing the end result. And quite a few clients admit to feeling sexier and more confident after the treatment, which would definitely improve your sex life.
- When is the best time to get waxed?
- Aim for the week after your period when you will not be as sensitive to pain caused by waxing.
- Out of courtesy, please wash yourself beforehand. Also, this is the best option to avoid ingrown hairs.
- Planning a special night of action? Get the wax the day before and give yourself a night to relax.
- Always trim long hair before arriving.
- Which style do I choose? If you are unsure what type of style you want, talk to your aesthetician. Our aesthetician will start with a little hair removal in the style you think you want. If you want more removed, no problem! We can do that!
- Do I look normal down there? You look beautiful down there! Many women are concerned with the way their vagina looks and shouldn’t be. Some women ask aestheticians if women who have had C-sections get waxed and have scars—yes, they do. Every client is different and absolutely perfect. Do not stress over it!
- Is the aesthetician judging me?
Aestheticians see hundreds of clients a week—they are not here to judge you. There is absolutely no need to be embarrassed or concerned about what your nether regions look like. We do not need to know why you chose the style you want because it is your own and it makes you happy. Our job is to make you feel safe, comfortable, and leave happy with the style you want.
If you are still concerned with getting a wax, please talk to your aesthetician. We really are here to make you feel safe and comfortable.
Ready to feel sexy and confident? Pick your style today and book an appointment at Bellezza Spa!