We are sure any woman would agree that they indulge in their fair share of cosmetic application. Makeup can be seen as an art and if used in the right ways, can be an enhancement to facial features. However, it can have a negative effect just as it can be positive. Makeup that is not applied correctly, can leave the skin looking aged and dull. Here are a few steps we recommend taking before you apply for the day:
- Always wear a moisturizer before you put on makeup. Moisturizer that contains SPF is advised as it will protect against any UV rays to the face. Also pressing a damp makeup sponge onto wrinkles can absorb any excess application.
- Baring more skin than makeup is actually conducive to a healthier and more radiant complexion. All it takes is keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Make sure to wear a foundation that goes one or two shades darker than your natural skin color so it can hide blemishes better. If you go paler than your skin tone, it can over expose any fine lines or wrinkles that you may have.
- The dreaded under eye circles are the most aged looking parts of our face. The skin becomes thinner as we age further. It’s important to keep the concealer we apply on this part light and with a brush.
- Make sure to use powder minimally. This is a good product for reducing shine, but if used alone, can leave makeup looking dry and highlight wrinkles. Especially avoiding the eye area helps to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and creases.
- Blush is always a go-to highlight when we want to add some color to the face, but if applied incorrectly, can make the skin appear saggy. The best technique when applying blush is to apply it on the highest point on the cheekbones and not too close to the nose.
- Use a prominent lip liner that won’t easily feather or fade. This helps keep the lip line strongly seen.
- Apply mascara to only your top lashes. This will help deter any notice of crow’s-feet and dark circles. Also just applying a coat to the top will make the eyes appear whiter and brighter. It is also recommended to avoid using eyeliner on the lower lashes…this has a tendency to make your eyes look smaller and beady.