There are a variety of causes for dry skin. Often it is due to seasonal factors such as the cold weather in winter or the dry climate in summer. Sometimes it is due to the wind or moisture at various times of the year. It can also be the result of a medical condition that exists. One example is diabetes, but there are many others. One of the best ways to address the issue of dry skin is with a homemade remedy using cucumbers.
Cucumber Is Amazing At Hydrating Dry Skin
The cucumber vegetable contains a high percentage of water, so this is a good source for hydrating dry skin. The following remedy is easy to make and apply to the skin using items that are easily obtainable. The following is a list of the items you will need, and you should make sure you have everything handy before you begin to create this skin treatment.
- A microwave oven: You will need to heat up the liquid and this is the fastest way to do it.
- A mixing bowl: This should be microwave safe.
- Cucumber juice: This can be found at your local supermarket.
- Plain gelatin: This is the unflavored type and can be bought at any supermarket.
- Soap: This should be a mild soap, something suitable for washing your face.
- A towel: This should be a soft towel that can be used to dry your face.
The following is a seven step method for making and applying this cucumber solution. Read through each step first, then go back and begin to create this home remedy step-by-step starting with the step one.
- Start with a half cup of cucumber juice and combine it with one tablespoon of the gelatin into your microwave safe bowl.
- Take the mixture in the bowl and microwave it on high for 30 seconds. The gelatin should visually be dissolved in the juice. If not, heat it for a few more seconds and check again. Once the gelatin is dissolved, go to the next step.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to allow it to cool down. This should be a minimum of 30 minutes. You can go over this time limit if you have something else you need to do.
- When you are ready to apply the mixture, wash your face with the soap you have chosen. Be careful to rinse your face with warm water to open up the pores of your skin. Dry your face with the towel you have ready. Be careful and pat dry your face. Do not rub it dry with the towel.
- Take the mixture out of the refrigerator and apply it to your face with your fingers.
- Let the mixture set on your face for a minimum of 20 minutes. After this time, it will have done its job of hydration. You then can peel the mask off of your face. It is best to peel from the top of your forehead downward toward your chin. It will come off easier this way.
- Rinse your face with cold water. Make sure the water is cold, so the pores in your skin will close and retain the moisture from the cucumber mask.
Special Note: If you have a juicer, it is not necessary to buy cucumber juice from the store. All you need are a few cucumbers. Simply peel them and put them through your juicer. The amount of juice you get will be more than you need, but you can store the unused portion in your refrigerator. In a sealed container, it will keep for several weeks.