The nonstop rain has had me binge watching television shows for far too long. I just recently finished watching Younger, which is about a mother, Liza Miller, in her 40s who disguises herself as someone in their 20s for a job. As the show progressed, there was one character who grabbed Liza’s hands and said, “The hands always give it away.” I then realized, holy cow, she is right!
Step 1: Take a look at your hands.
- My hands are dry, less elastic than years before, and I even have what I think is a brown spot! Aye….what is a girl to do?!
Step 2: Use these 5 tips on how to make your hands younger.
- Establish a regimen now. Did you know that you can start to show signs of aging in your 20s? Yet, most people do not spot the signs until it is too late. If you start changing your routine now, then you might have time to rewind the clock.
- Wear sunblock. If I had a nickel for every time I said to wear sunblock, I would be living in a French chateau right now sipping champagne. Your hands need protection from the harsh rays too, so start slathering on a lotion that contains SPF. And it isn’t just the sun you should worry about…Yes ladies, getting a gel manicure may age your hands! Always apply sunscreen before exposing your delicate hands to the UV lamps.
- Moisture is key. Keep your hands moisturized with thick hand creams. I love Neutrogena’s Norwegian Hand Cream, which you can use on your lips! And don’t forget the best time to really apply a moisturizing cream for your hands is at night.
- Get a manicure. Are you surprised that I would suggest a manicure? The Bellezza Signature Manicure is a luxurious manicure that will reduce tension and stress with an acupressure massage and soften and smooth with an anti-aging glycolic treatment.
- Your hands deal with a lot of damage from sun exposure, lack of sleep, stress, and even harsh soaps. The extra damage leads to increased signs of aging on your hands, which will always tell your true age. And realistically, you can never give up a day in the sun or a night without sleep. But don’t fret because Bellezza Spa offers a signature anti-aging glycolic treatment that will help reduce the damage and even bolster your skin for the future.
- When in doubt, explore dermatologic procedures.
Look ladies, we are curious creatures that will soon find a cure for aging. Until then, come in to our Clifton location and stay for a manicure and maybe a new hairstyle! Didn’t I mention that our Clifton location has partnered with Jon David Salon?! This is what dreams are made of!
Make your appointment today and rewind time!