Acne scars can be embarrassing to have and a hassle to hide, but sometimes the most effective ways to treat them can be done right in the comfort of your own home! Here, we have generated a list of at-home remedies that can effectively treat your acne scars.
Eliminate the dark spots scarred on your face from acne:
- The first solution that can be used to treat scars is fresh squeezed lemon juice mixed with a cup of water. This is then applied to the scarred areas on the face for about 3-4 minutes helping to exfoliate dead skin cells while simultaneously promoting new ones to form. Moisturizing is recommended afterwards as the citrus from the lemon juice can bother the skin.
- Honey is a natural method used to treat acne scars and acne itself. Containing antibacterial properties, it soothes irritated skin and reduces redness. Apply a dab on sight of the scar at night and wash off in the morning.
- Rosehip oil contains several vitamins and antioxidants that freshens and revitalizes the skin. It helps to erase acne scars and other types of blemishes on the skin. Massage onto the area of contact once or twice a day.
- Rubbing an ice cube over inflamed spots on your face will help reduce swelling and plump the skin. This is recommended to be done for 10-15 minutes a day.
- Vitamin E oil moisturizes and acts as an effective treatment for acne scars. Using this 2-3 times daily should leave you seeing results in about 2 weeks.
Just a little factoid for your Friday!