A trip to Brazil sounds pretty amazing right now since it has been nothing but torrential downpour for at least a week here in NOVA. Due to this weather, my friend and I decided to book a trip to a tropical paradise to get out of this rain and get a little R&R. Okay, so this trip isn’t until June, but at least I have something to daydream about!
As I hopped into the shower, I started lathering my loofa and realized, “how can I go to paradise with that disaster down there?” Okay, we are all friends here so don’t judge! Let’s be realistic, trying to keep up with hair as a woman is like having to chase a toddler around—it never ends. What can I do to fix this situation? I don’t want to be the girl on a week and half long vacation constantly having to trim up in order to sport my new bikini. Then it hit me like a dodge ball to the face—Let’s take a trip to Brazil!
Pros and Cons to Brazilian Waxes
For all you lovely ladies, who do not know the true and wonderful experience of a Brazilian wax, let me guide you through it! Of course, like any wax, there are always pros and cons. Follow me on a guided tour starting now…
- Hairless for longer periods of time.
- After awhile, the hair comes back thinner.
- Less effort! I don’t know about you, but I hate shaving. I hate the shaving cream messes, the expensive razors, the little cuts, and the most undesirable bumps! Avoid all of it with a Brazilian wax!
- Goodbye black stubble! Come on, you know exactly what I am talking about…those little black stubs left behind from shaving. The little stubs that you hope nobody will notice peaking out from your bikini. Ditch them and get a wax!
- Okay, remember how I said we were all friends here? Waxing gets into all of our crevices that are hard to reach. I’m referring to the hair removal of the outside of the labia, the inside of the labia, and our butt. Hello, we are talking about a nice smooth everything down there…this is Brazil after all!
- Hello relaxation. Forget worrying about all the drama that comes with shaving and relax knowing you are bikini ready!
- You have to let your hair grow out for a bit. Not much hair, but at least a ¼ inch for thin and ½ inch for coarse so the wax can grab onto it.
- According to new research, waxes increase your chance of getting an STI or STD. The basic understanding is that our pubic hair creates a barrier to fight off infections, but without it we are more susceptible to infections. Also, the studies show that people who receive waxes are having more sex. (Not so bad, right? Just practice safe sex, please!)
- It costs more money. Sure, no argument there, but come on…the perks are worth it!
- Risk of ingrown hairs. Now before you stop reading, please understand that you can get these with shaving too. Just tell your aesthetician that you have sensitive skin and they will take extra care to avoid any possible irritation.
- As stated before, we increase the risk of infection when we remove pubic hair. Stay clean and practice safe sex.
- Seriously, why are you still reading the con list? Go get a Brazilian wax!
Okay, so I have a confession, while I love going to Brazil, I still like a little hair down there! Bellezza Spa leaves a little bit of hair like a landing strip unless you state otherwise. Find the perfect style for you and your lovely lady! Bellezza Spa will let you define the line of comfort and if you decide you don’t like it, then the aesthetician will remove it all.
Scared to go bare? Don’t be! Our aestheticians see hundreds of clients a week—they’re not there to judge you! There really is no need to feel embarrassed or concerned about what the aesthetician will think of your nether regions or even your incentive to wanting a Brazilian. Our aestheticians are there to help you feel relaxed, comfortable, and leave happy with the end results. Don’t be shy—give Brazil a try!
See you in Rio! XXOO